This weekend, Shaker Square will be filled with a fragrant fest: the Cleveland Garlic Festival!
On Saturday, September 12 and Sunday, September 13, you can enjoy all sorts of garlicky foods, including Mitchell’s garlic ice cream; sip craft beer; and purchase interesting varieties of locally-grown garlic.
There will be a Top Chef Garlic Grill Off, with beef, chicken, pork, and vegetarian categories, featuring chefs from Deagan’s Kitchen and Bar, Table 45, Jack Flaps, and more. Plus, there’s live music, a Mighty Locavores kids area, a parade featuring Miss Garlic and her fairies, and much more.
All of this garlic goodness is a fundraiser for the North Union Farmers Market and its charitable programs including food stamp enhanced purchases/EBT-SNAP, Music at the Market, Chef at the Market, and Mighty Locavores K-12 educational programming in Cleveland Municipal School District.
One-day admission tickets are $9 for adults and $5 for children 4 and up and seniors 65 and up. Children under 4 are free. You can purchase tickets online. Or you can enter to win 2 weekend admission tickets right here!
Here’s how to enter (you can do one, two, three, four, or all five entries, just leave a separate comment for each):
- Leave a comment and tell me your favorite way to use garlic in your home.
2. Visit Cleveland Garlic Festival and Why CLE? on Facebook and leave a comment here letting me know that you visited both pages.
3. Follow @clevelandgarlicfestival on Instagram and leave a comment here letting me know you’re following.
4. Follow @CleveGarlicFest and @WhyCLE on Twitter and leave a comment here letting me know you’re following both.
5. Tweet the following phrase and leave a comment here letting me know you tweeted:
I want to attend @CleveGarlicFest to benefit @NUFarmersMarket thanks to @WhyCLE: http://wp.me/p1fb9r-2tM #giveaway
You can tweet once per day for additional entries, just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
The giveaway will close on Thursday, September 10 at 11:59pm and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!
***Disclosure: I was asked by North Union Farmers Market to help promote the Cleveland Garlic Festival. In exchange, I will receive 2 admission tickets to give away. I declined my own 2 tickets due to scheduling conflicts. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***